Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Thank You Card

Here's a card simply made, for me anyway. I love turquoise and black together and I just had to give it a try with this new stamp! It's called Butterfly Flourish from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. I cut it out and matted it with Spellbinders Labels Ten. When I bought that crazy thing a couple of years ago I thought I'd never use it and I seem to use it more than any of the others I have. Isn't that crazy?  So many of the designs on today's stamp market are larger than they used to be I think, and many of the regular Spellbinder won't work with them. You have to buy the Mega Dies and I'm not going there! I also used a Memory Box die called Elegant Scrollwork, so pretty & cuts beautifully. The little Thank you sentiment came with the set and I use a Spellbinders Classic Ovals Lg. to cut it out. Papers, rhinestones, glitter, ribbon are from my stash. The rhinestones were a little big but it's all I had to match the colors I wanted.
 I have used some Copic colors that are totally out of the norm for what the Copic company recommends, but I have found you can experiment and come up with some totally awesome combinations.
Copics I used are:
Butterfly wings- B05, BG23, YG06, YG01
Little "eyes" on wings- B05, B00
Stems & flourishes-YG95, 93, 91
Tiny blossoms at end of branches- Y17, 11

I added a little Glossy Accents to make by butterflies really pop!
That's all for me today everyone and thanks so much for stopping by.
Hugs,
Maureen


1 comment:

  1. I found your blog in the Fred Said She Said Hop. Really glad I did. You do some amazing work.

    ReplyDelete