Sunday, October 21, 2012

Thank You

Hi there blogger friends. Thought I had better post something so you all wouldn't think I fell off the planet. I really didn't :-)
I've had a few obligations to fill, a class coming up in Eau Claire to get ready for, some card orders, a corsage to make and  cake to bake for a baby shower, close the Park, yuk! and trying to get some needed outside work done to try and get winterized. Here in Wisconsin winter ALWAYS gets here before we are ready for it. Ahhhhhh, such is the life in the mid-west. Oh, I wanted to tell you all that I have decided to decline the invitation to stay on the FSS DT for this term. I have so many things going on that I didn't feel I could give the time to the DT that it deserves. Tracey has so graciously offered to allow me to return when I'm ready & I am  very grateful for the opportunity to do so. Thanks Tracey!
Anyway lets get down to the business of my post. I have used a Saturated Canary digital design called "Thank You" and I think she is so precious. I believe this would be a great image for Copic beginners. Not too many colors to get overwhelmed with and really simple, but darling, hair style. I wish saturated Canary would get on the stick and get some more rubber images out there. I guess I didn't realize how many people don't use digital stamps until I started to teach Copic coloring. I always feel like a traitor when I use them now because Leann at Picture This is so good to me and online business always hurts the small business owners. When you are 12 miles from a loaf of bread, as I like to say, I use the Internet as a way to keep up on new things and of course feed my stamp addiction! What can I say folks, I'm in deep!
For my papers, I once again have dug into my scrap pile. I used Spellbinders Scalloped Ovals, Floral Ovals around my image and Venetian Motifs for the little corner embellishment, cut huh? The little heart under the sentiment is from Cheery Lynn called Heart to Heart Lace Doily. The flowers are hand made from the Spellbinder Donna Salazar design called Bitty Blossoms. Oh how I love that die! the tiny little fill flowers are made from a little punch I bought at Picture This my last trip into Eau Claire.

The Copic colors I used are: (I CAS these from another blog I follow, bad me!)
Skin- E01, 00, 000
Cheeks & lips- R20, E000 & RV11, Rv34
Hair- E44, 43, 42, 41
Dress, socks, bow & eyes- V99, 95, 91, V01, 000, 0000
Apron & shoes- E42, 41, 40, W00
Shadow around image- E50
Floor under image- W3, W1
That's about it for me today. Thanks so much for stopping by & please come again.
Hugs,
Maureen




1 comment:

  1. Goodness, outstanding! You do make beautiful cards and you sure know your way around a Copic marker. Your comment on my blog (thank you!) led me here and, though it's been a while since you posted, I enjoyed a little look through. I certainly can understand how life gets busy and blogging has to take a back seat.

    ReplyDelete