Tuesday, September 9, 2014

CHF Challenge #61

 
 
 
 
 
Hi there everyone. Time again for a challenge from Cornish Heritage Farms. This time our hostess is Amber and she has challenged us to make a masculine/little boy birthday card. Now this is the biggest challenge for me as I struggle with "man" cards as I like to call them. I feel like there is never enough stuff on the card, but men don't like all that "stuff" right?
 
I'm actually pretty happy with the way my card turned out. I have a real soft spot for cowboys, so this image was right up my alley.  You can find this digital image at the CHF' store, here. My sentiment was computer generated and then after I got the whole card put together I realized I should have used "Partner" instead of Cowboy. Well, next time I guess. My card is very simple, I used a kraft card base, an ivory mat and some DP. I cut some barbed wire with a Cherry Lynn die that I have and made some stars from a tiny die in my stash. (every cowboy is a star, right?) I did a bit of distressing with my Distrez-it-all, love that little machine. I colored the image with my Copic markers and cut it out with a Deckled Spellbinders die.
 If you would like to play along with us of course we would love to have you!
To play create a card using CHF images. You can use either CHF digi or rubber stamps to create a card or project.... anything you like as long as the stamps are Cornish Heritage Farms. (Yes, they can be older stamps)
.You can enter on the CHF blog and let us see your creations. If you enter your project on the blog or SCS or Pinterest just remember to use the code CHF61.
T
 Thanks for joining me today for our CHF challenge and be sure to visit my super talented Teammates listed on my side bar for lots of inspiration.
Hugs, Maureen
Thanks for joining me today and be sure to visit all my super talented Team Mates

7 comments:

  1. Yee-haw! LOVE this! The barbed wire provides the perfect touch to an already wonderful card. You definitely lassoed this 'man' card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A tough card!!!
    Hugsss, Gaby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the addition of the barbed wire! Too perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card!! I love the masculine feel and how detailed this is. Hats off to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really great guy card Maureen! Love the barbed wire die cuts!

    ReplyDelete