Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Eat, drink & be happy

Hi there everyone. I've been MIA for a few days now. I had a couple of cards to finish for an order and make a card for a friend of mine's birthday. Here's my latest cutie pie. I love these little house mouse stamps. I usually color them with my Prisma Color pencils, but I've tried my hand this time with my Copics and I'm very happy with the results. I used a background shadow technique I saw on a video from Suzanne Dean. I like it alot on this image, he looks like he's laying in sand, kinda cute. I had tried this on one of my little girl images and was so disappointed in the way it turned out, so I'm thinking it will be just a matter of choice to use this shadowing effect.
Here's an up close view of of my little guy. I believe this one is Mudpie. They all have names. How cute is that? Enjoy!
Recipe for this card:
Copic markers
Face, hands, feet & tail- E000, E00
Fur- E42, E31, E50
Marshmellows- C00
Shadowing, combination of all above colors.
Cardstock- From my stash & Once Upon a Time matstack
Dies- Spellbinders scalloped ovals, Tim Holtz Elegant Flourishes by Sizzix
Flowers- Prima & Petaloo
Punches- Martha Stewart & Mcgill

No comments:

Post a Comment